cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to control v6 BOX with LG magic remote

Jaunty
Dialled in

Just trying here with an LG C2 also. LG remote can control ATV but not C2. Did you get any joy? 

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Jaunty,

I see your post which is in the V6 forum has been split from the original thread. I don't think you have a V6 box. 

You've previously posted in the 360 forum regarding using the harmony remote with the 360 box.

I'm pretty sure the LG C2 smart remote should be able to be paired with and control the 360 box - it won't be possible to pair it with the V6 box though.

My LG automatically finds Vuirgin and connects. It will also connect if I type in Horizon and Arris.

If you do have a 360, then is it an Arris or Humax box?

If it's an Arris (they are old V6 boxes that received an over the air update) then the LG smart remote should  work if you type in Arris as the set-top box service provider and then use the remote control operation test - it may take around 5 or 6 attempts before the channel changes to show it's working.

(I'm not sure if it will work with Humax as the service provider since i don't have that box) 

If you aren't sure which 360 box you have then go to Settings > Info > About > Hardware version

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Superstar

Don't know which thread you have been split from or what you have already tried but if you do have a 360 Humax box my LG C1's smart remote is paired to the 360 using Ziggo Set-Top box. 

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jaunty, thank you for your post. 

We hope the excellent advice provided by @newapollo and @roy247 has helped, but if you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Daniel