Menu
GibbyN
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access various apps bbc iplayer,stv hub

Virgin recently replaced obsolete tivo modem with new v6 modem i now find i cannot access bbc iplayer,stv hub or indeed any channel’s available for catch up etc i am a total non geek.

I’m i better foning virgin can their tech guys resolve prob. So i can enter these apps. Thanks Gibby

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access various apps bbc iplayer,stv hub

Unlike the TiVo which had an inbuilt 'net connecction, the V6 relies on a link to your Virgin homehub (router/modem) to provide internet connectivity. Thatr's what makes various things work - TV guide updates, OnDemand, streaming, the lot.

That connection can either be (ideally) via an Ethernet cable, or via wireless - so first thing, how is yours connected?

If you follow (on your V6 remote) Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, what do you see in the top-right?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access various apps bbc iplayer,stv hub

Hi GibbyN, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing your apps and Catch up and On Demand content. As mentioned by japitts, the V6 does need to be connected to your Hub either via WiFi or ethernet cable. 

Once you've connected the box, the features should then become accessible. 

Please let us know if you need any further help on this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos