Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ultimate oomph bundle with Sim

Looking at moving from Sky to Virgin but I have had some differing information on live chat. First person said I can move the boxes around to different rooms easily (unplug Power cable and hdmi, plug back into different tv with another hdmi like sky q mini box) next day told I cannot do this as each box needs connector set up in room by tech team and wired in so can’t move.. If I take ultimate oomph will have 2 boxes. I need to know what is the correct info as have 3 rooms I move Sky q mini box to and don’t want to sign up and find out I’ll be without tv in one of them. If possible could engineers set up necessary access in 3 rooms which I can move one box around? I also assume there shouldn’t be any problems with Broadband in other rooms, but have read differently. Final query. The sim you receive with the bundle would be used in my car to connect iPads etc for WiFi. Is this possible or does it have to be a data only sim? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ultimate oomph bundle with Sim

All boxes must be connected to the Virgin Network by a Co-ax cable si you cannot move the boxes about like you csn with the Sky Q Mini Boxes.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Keith. If engineers set up another co-ax cable in 3rd room, is it possible then to disconnect and reconnect easily between the rooms or would the only solution be to get a 3rd box set up as “hard wired” to room, which I assume would mean the set up being more expensive and monthly charges also going up.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You should be sble to move the boxes about easily although it may be better not to do so as the signal levels for each box may well be affected if you did move them from room to room

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I’ll see what deal I can get for 3rd box and set up.
0 Kudos