Menu
Sunderland1973
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Uhd on demand blank screen wont load

Hi guys and firstly thanks for any advice so a new customer , i have the full package with uhd v6 boxes and a samsung tv , before my uhd was activated i had the same problems watching sky cinema on demand changed the hdmi port and that started working now i have the uhd i click on a movie green line flashes up but doesn’t load surely i dont have to keep messing with hdmi, and lastly can i watch uhd on live sports channels and movies thanks guys . 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Uhd on demand blank screen wont load

Hi Sunderland1973,

Have you tried a different HDMI lead, as usually green or pink lines/flashes are the result of a faulty HDMI lead. 

The only live Sport channel in 4K  is the BT Ultimate channel on 531.

You can currently watch some of the Euro's in UHD using the iPlayer app.

Also a fair amount to view on the You tube app, along with Amazon Prime and Netflix if you subscribe.

VM are still waiting for the Sky Sports UHD to arrive.

EDIT You also need to make sure your HDMI is HDCP2.2 compliant.

On some of the older Samsung's only the MHL port supports full UHD.

If you go to Apps > Movies and Boxsets you will find links to Sky Movies and Sky Boxsets in UHD.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sunderland1973
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for reply , dont think its the hdmi lead as nothing else is a problem , there is no different colours flashing it will just not load , like i said had same problem with normally movies before had uhd but changed it to top hdmi and it worked but not got uhd to work yet 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You mention that you're a new customer, but also the you have V6 boxes - for the benefit of any further troubleshooting, are you sure?

Do you have V6 boxes or 360s? If you're not sure, check https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box - I ask because all new customers since 6months now have been given 360. You've posted in the V6 forum, which isn't a problem - but let's be clear now incase of further queries.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sunderland1973
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes i have v6 boxes many thanks 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks for confirming - that helps.

I may have missed some "devil in the detail" thus far, so I'll cover some of the points I'd always want queried in the case of a potential UHD/HDMI issue such as this.

Can you view live TV channels ok, and is the problem just specifically with VoD? A physical fault with the HDMI connection would tend to affect all video output from the V6, whereas HDCP issues generally play up with OD & streaming content but leave live TV unaffected.

Issues with HDCP tend to exhibit themselves by the lead-in adverts playing but the programme then failing (perhaps with error 603/604 but that's not a racing certainty), or the streaming app black-screening, both can be worked-around (and therefore proven) by dropping the video output to 1080.

What's the make & model of your TV?

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Sunderland1973,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with UHD. We can understand the concern this may have caused and want to do our best to help. Have you been able to answer the great questions posed by @japitts?

Please get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have found that a video might not load unless there is a strong signal from the hub, even 70% WiFi may not be sufficient, problem was solved by using an Ethernet cable.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sunderland1973

How are things looking now with the UHD

Have you tried connecting by Ethernet?