Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

UK call centre

What number can I call to get through to a UK call center to report a fault I have had for 3mths now. The Indian call center is useless and won't send me an engineer out. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: UK call centre

There isn't one. VM send calls to which ever of their call centres has the capacity at that moment to handle it.

Yu've posted in the TV Forum. IS your fault TV related or something else? Whatever post about here in the right part of the Forum and you'll get best advice on what to do from the community here. VM staff on this Forum may be able to intervene in due course

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi - There is a fault with my TV services. 

When I had the TV services installed I had them via "wall 1" and a year later I called an engineer out who arranged the services were moved to "wall 2". The engineer said if I ever wanted to move back to "wall 1" I could as that socket would remain LIVE on the network. 

I've moved my tv but don't have the TV services. I need an engineer. 

I have called 4 times now and each time went through to India who refuses to send me out an engineer. My contract is up for renewal also so i would like to discuss this also - but with an English person. 

I'm not racist just prefer talking with an English call center.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Entel,

Thanks for posting on our community. When you relocated your equipment back to "Wall 1", are you able to get any services at all?

Have you placed all the cables correctly and made sure they are tight and secure?

Are you getting anything on the TV screen? Do you have any error messages?

Thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

When I moved back to Wall 1 I didn't have broadband so I moved the Broadband back to Wall 2 and that's working fine. The TV box is connected to Wall 1 and on the TV screen it says "Unable to load" its keeps trying to search for channels .. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I forgot to mention I have connected the box via Wi-Fi as there is a fireplace between Wall 1 (TV services plugged in) and Wall 2 (Broadband plugged in). No TV guide is available. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Entel. 

The only problem we have with this issue is it will not be classed as a fault as you do have the services working in wall 2.

If a technician attends to relocate your service to wall 1 again you will be charged a call out charge of £99.00.

We appreciate you were advised that you will be able to place your services back to wall 1 but this will not be the case. If you wish to raise a complaint against the technician who gave you this advice you can do so here  under our complaints code of practice.

If you would like me to a book a technician to return please let me know and I can book this for you.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi, 

OK, I appreciate what you're saying and before I continue let me ask if a free engineer can be sent on the basis of me re-entering the contract stage for 12-months?

Also what other things could I be offered to reduce the cost of the service? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately Entel a free engineer would not be sent on this occasion.

With regards to reducing the cost of your services we do not deal with packages through our community forum page.

If you wish to discuss what deals we can offer you our retentions team would be happy to take a look in to this further for you. Give our team a cal, on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1,4 then 5.

Many thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Can you confirm that the Wall 1 socket is working by plugging into it the hub and seeing if you get broadband.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos