cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UHD recording

peterh2015
Tuning in

Recorded a movie on Virgin UHD but when I try playing it my V6 box reboots. Tried recording again but same thing happens. It just keeps rebooting my box 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's the movie you're having problems with?

And can you record any other programmes from (presumably) the VM-UHD channel?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It was The Adjustment Bureau. Tried some other movies with the same result. Think there's probably an issue with the hard drive in the virgin box.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have a fault with your V6's hard drive, it will affect all recorded programmes equally.

A good test is to watch a channel live to prove the incoming feed ok. Pause the channel for a short time, this effectively makes it a recording. Now resume playback after perhaps a couple of minutes - this is using the HDD in exactly the same way as any other recorded programme.

Does this work?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @peterh2015,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some ongoing issues with your UDH recordings, we can understand how frustrating this can be. 

Thank you to @japitts for providing some further support for your issue. Have you given their suggestion a try?

I was able to locate your account and I can see that you have been in touch with our technical team and have a technical appointment scheduled for an engineer to look into this issue further for you. Please keep us updated on how you get on with your appointment, and let us know if you need any further help or support. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs