Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Two V6 Contracts. One House. How?

Hi All.

My daughter is in between house moves, moving in with us for a while. She currently has her own V6 on contract. 

I’d like to connect hers and our V6 via Powerline, but how does that work with two concurrent contracts?

In a few months she will move again, taking her V6. So another set up. How does that work?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Two V6 Contracts. One House. How?

all v6 connections must be connected to the coax. you can't just connect it to the powerline.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, should have been clearer:

My Hub3 > Ethernet Cable > Powerline

My Daughters V6 > Paired Powerline > Ethernet Cable > V6

Hope that helps? 

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Technically, you can have two accounts in one house - but the V6 boxes must be on the same account to share programmes. You may be breaking VM's T&C by doing this.

Anyway, the boxes will see each other but will not share their contents.

All V6 boxes must also be connect to the VM coax.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Superstar
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi each individual box must have a coaxial cable connection so won't work with the method you described, you may be able to have a separate account at your address but virgin usually require a 12 months contract so may not be suitable for you both, the only thing I can think of is you could order a 2nd box on your account which would mean an engineer install, how that would be paid for would be between your Daughter and yourself, bear in mind that you may be committed to the 2nd box for a period of time. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all the comments guys. Looks like paying more, using my package is the only way. Just stumbled on multi room subscription is the best/only way forward?

0 Kudos