Menu
Tardis01
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tvio control not working with Hitachi Tv

I have just recently brought a Hitachi TV and my Tvio control will not work with my TV!! I have the Tvio Box. I can change the channels etc but NOT THE VOLUME. I have spoken to technical support and they have given me about 50 codes which do not work at all. I have also tried to set up control Set up no luck I keep getting ERROR! There has been a Technical Giltch with a code (PR4/2) virgin media support say they don't know this code and cannot help me!! I have reset my box twice. Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tvio control not working with Hitachi Tv

Hi Tardis01,

Here are some codes  to try for the volume.

Follow the same process TV + CLEAR before every code and OK after every code then use the volume button after each one to see if it worked.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
Tardis01
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank for codes Dave. There was some that I didn't have. But unfortunately my Control still work. Thank you again

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Tardis01,

Sorry that didn't work.

Have you tried resetting the remote before inputting the codes?

Press TV and Clear at the same time until the light on the remote flashes green.  Then press thumbs down 3 times followed by OK twice.  This should reset the remote and force a re-pair.

There's also a workaround you can try, but it's "timey wimey stuff

Click on HOME > Help and Settings > Help > Set up Remote. 

Follow the instructions there where it gives you a series of codes to try.  Input 0999 instead of the code and press channel up until the TV turns off, then press ok.

timey.png

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

Tardis01
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave 

I will give that a try and let you know 

Thank you 😊 

0 Kudos
Tardis01
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave 

Help and Settings > Help > Set up Remote

Is where I'm getting the error message  and I'm not getting any codes at all. Thank you again for your help the Doctor 😊

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Tardis01,

Have you tried doing it via Help and Settings > Help > and click on Program Your Remote (at the top of the screen)  as well?

Dave

0 Kudos
Tardis01
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Dave

😵 yep tried both ways. It will let me go to choose tv but mines not there so none of the above and then it goes to the error message every time. So I can't go further than that 

Tardis01

0 Kudos