cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv w02 fault

jamesw1989
Joining in

On virgin box there are many channels I can’t watch i get w02 error message and picture is very distorted no sound. I have reset box and hub and checked all cables

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jamesw1989 

I've moved your post to the V6 forum.  Error W02 is a fault on the Tivo and V6 boxes, not the 360 box.

Are there any known issues?

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. The Check Service Status is often only populated with details of wide spread outages.

You could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

You need to check your connections, as per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/w02

If after following the steps on the help page you are still unable to connect then you need to contact faults  by dialling 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and help. Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

W02 is a classic loss of signal error, so the standard advice for "My channels are pixellating" applies.. some duplication with the advice already given.

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jamesw1989,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your service showing the W02 error code. 

We have taken a look from our side and can see there is currently a known issue in your area that our team working hard to resolve. 

The current estimated fix time is the 20th April 9am. 

Thank you for your patience whilst we work on this and please let us know if you have any questions. 

Thanks, 

Nat