Menu
Lewisjday21
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tv pictures cut out.

Hi all,

We have a 4k tv and our picture keeps randomly cutting out for no longer than a few seconds. When we use the smart feature to stream nothing cuts out. I have changed video output settings and still happens. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does, it drives us mad. Our box is few years old now so not sure if that's the issue? Anyone give any help on this?

Many thanks 😁

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv pictures cut out.

In no particular order...

Which box do you have? Check here if you're not sure.

You've mentioned using "the smart feature" - what do you mean by this? If it's a TV function, this doesn't have anything to do with Virgin bar the internet connection. Your VM TV box isn't involved in your TV menus/apps.

On the basis that watching via your VM box is affected, is this on live TV? (Any specific channel(s)? OnDemand and/or streaming?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lewisjday21
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good morning,

Thanks for replying!!

I have the v6 box. Its happens on multiple channels and not always.

By smart feature our TV have Netflix, prime, iplayer and other apps like that on the tv, so when watching on that it never cuts out. It only cuts out when in watching on the virgin v6 box. 

Yeah it only happens when watching live on the v6 box. 

Many thanks 😁

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So effectively then.. you have cutting out pictures on live TV, but not with OnDemand.

What about recorded programmes? And is it any particular live TV channel(s)?

Have you tried swapping your HDMI cables and/or TV ports?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos