cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv picture an sound keeps going off for a second or two on loads of channels

dragcat5
Joining in

Hello.. I have a virgin media box v6 and the tv picture and sound goes off for a couple off seconds and it's becoming  more  frequent...

It seem to do it on any channel on the virgin media box...

but it doesn't do it when I'm streaming Netflix,  or amazon prime, disney+,or youtube,that why I'm thinking it's the virgin v6 box that's at fault..

I've read some posts on this community with the same or similar fault with trying  a new hdmi lead then virgin having to send an engineer  out cause changing the hdmi lead didn't work..

Is this a well knowing fault with virgin v 6 box's and the only way to fix this is to send engineer  out ..

Cheers colin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've mentioned this problem happening on broadcast TV channels, but how about streamed & OnDemand content?

Netlix, YouTube & Prime are all available on the V6 and would be a good test of whether this is being caused by the source material or video output.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've mentioned this problem happening on broadcast TV channels, but how about streamed & OnDemand content?

Netlix, YouTube & Prime are all available on the V6 and would be a good test of whether this is being caused by the source material or video output.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yeah I forgot to mention  netflix amazon prime  disney and YouTube were through the apps on the sony TV and not the virgin media box,but ive since tried YouTube through the virgin media box and yes the picture and sound goes  off aswell...

So the picture and sound is going off  on virgin media channels and yes they are going off on the streaming services to through the virgin media box v6..

Thanks for your post @dragcat5, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums

Can you please ensure that all cables running to the set top box and to the white box on the inside of the property are finger tight?

Can you also advise me how much free space you have on the set top box for recordings? Is this above 90% for example?

Do you have any recordings in the recently deleted folder?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dragcat5 wrote:

Yeah I forgot to mention  netflix amazon prime  disney and YouTube were through the apps on the sony TV and not the virgin media box,but ive since tried YouTube through the virgin media box and yes the picture and sound goes  off aswell...

I see the staff team have already picked up, but this sounds to me like a problem with your V6 sound/video output in this case.

Are you able to try using another HDMI cable to eliminate that as a cause?

Also try toggling the stereo/PCM setting via Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Audio > Dolby