Menu
Karin1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Tv keeps going off

We’ve had a new v6 box now for a few weeks and our tv keeps randomly going off then on again, it’s driving us mad, I’ve rung virgin but as usual can’t understand the person asking questions and they have trouble understanding me! It’s getting worse by the day, I’ve tried re-booting ( several times) It’s the worst thing we did staying with virgin and if we get no proper help ( engineer coming round to fix it instead of useless phone calls) we will leave and go with someone else! 

Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv keeps going off

Since a search of the forum doesn’t show any results for anyone else with this pr9blem it’s actually much more likely to be a setting on your tv that’s incorrect. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karin1,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV service.

I've located your account and I can see you've spoken to our team again since posting. How has it been? Are you still experiencing issues?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Karin1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes since I spoke to someone about the problem it’s been excactly the same, Sometimes it can go all day without problem but then in the evening it happens a lot then other days it happens all day long, as I said before I do not want to talk to anyone on the phone as both them an me have problems understanding each other and I seem to be on the phone for ages, karin

0 Kudos
Karin1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Well when I went on the Internet and put the problem in the search box loads of people seemed to be having the same problem since they got v6 boxes and as tv was fine before I got v6 box why should I have to change settings on tv? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karin1,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV service.

I've located your account and I can see the equipment is all within the required levels and should be working fine for you.

When you say it is randomly going off then on again, do you mean when you switch it on the screen goes blank but there is sound ?

Is it doing a full reboot and you are seeing the welcome and starting up screen?

How long does it go off for?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Juno
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My virgin box keeps going off for no reason I either have to wait for it to reboot or type in my hub password it is not so bad if im watching something as I have freeview backup but if I am recording I lose it untill it has reset. Sometimes its several times a day or it will go a few days without a problem any suggestions please

0 Kudos
Karin1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louise, from the day we connected up the new v6 box every now and then the screen just goes blue then back on again, it’s off from 1-2 seconds to 4-5 seconds, it’s just random throughout the day, sometimes it can be ok all day till the evening and then it will do it quite a few times over an hour or two, other times it does it throughout the day there’s no  set pattern, I’ve rebooted it several times, when it started doing it I put in the search button on Internet -why does this keep happening and lots of people came up and said since they’d had v6 boxes it was happening to them, It never happened at all before I got v6 box, it’s driving me mad, Karin 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karin1

Thank you for your speedy reply.

This doesn't sound like the issue I was thinking of, I would like to look into this further for you .

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Karin1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louise, I had a private message from you the other day and when I went back in to answer it I can’t find it!! You was asking for information about my account so you could help me, sorry to be a pain can you send it again? Thanks Karin 

0 Kudos