cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv keeps glitching.

Hoskinshozzy
On our wavelength

virgin box keeps making channels lose signal and glitch all over the place. Mainly happens with hd channels and sky sports. If you watch sky sports for more than about 30 minutes it becomes unwatchable. New box needed? Restarting it every hour is very very annoying! To get a little while of watchable tv 

8 REPLIES 8

Hoskinshozzy
On our wavelength

Just missed the last half of the British Grand Prix now as have restarted the box 5 times so far and it has just got worse. No sound and compete static almost through the whole picture 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post a picture of the problem? It sounds potentially like pixellation which is usually a signal issue - but different people would use the term "static" for different things.. and this could be an HDMI issue.

If it's an HDMI issue, OnDemand & recordings would also be affected - are they?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It is showing ok now after many many restarts and then the picture fine but no sound and then finally both together. It is not hdmi as everything else works ok visually wise like the menu etc it is just on channels and especially hd channels and sky sports. You get the picture breaking up and green and purple squares and what not going through the screen then sometimes after restarts it is grey small dots like the old tv static through half the picture and glitching everywhere. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post a picture? Use the "add photo" option.

japitts_0-1665508103843.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

IMG_4932.jpeg

 It’s gone again after a few minutes of it being back to normal 

I couldn’t at the time obviously as it was fixed when I saw your reply. But have now and here it is again. 

IMG_4932.jpeg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's pixellation which, if only affecting live TV, is usually a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene by means of a tech visit.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

Hi @Hoskinshozzy, thank you for your posts.

We're sorry to see what you're experiencing 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. 

Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @japitts 👍

Regards,
Daniel