Menu
Jude2
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tv guide not updating

My v6 box hasn't had a tv guide update since early hours of Monday morning. My box connects to the network but doesn't seem to download any info from the network.  Although the connection is successful therefore I must have the most present information for the guide.  I've even tried rebooting but again connection is successful but no new information. I have info up to Monday 25 Oct but it should have up to at least Tuesday 26 Oct by now.  Whether the there is still a issue given the problems today nationwide with on-demand I'm not sure.  Has anyone else noticed this issue today?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv guide not updating

What makes you say the EPG isn't updating?

If you're getting regular 6hourly connections reporting success in the network connections screen, that's a good check.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jude2
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Only reason is that my epg guide on Mon 25 and Tuesday 26 Oct shows ' To Be Announced' on all channels when at least some should show some programming.  As I said the box seems to be connecting successfully to the network, and I have rebooted and still it's not finding anything to update. There's nothing on the service status page.  So not sure if it's a nationwide thing that VM don't know about? If the network is still catching up with the issue today? Or is it that my box is up to date with the network, and nothings wrong? 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Jude2 

If you scroll though the TV guide you will find that it's mainly the public service broadcasters,  BBC, ITV, CH4 and CH5 and their sister channels that show TBA and that's normal.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As a broad rule of thumb, the terrestrial/FTA channels tend to have an EPG populated upto & including the following Friday - so currently that goes upto Friday 22nd. The data for the following week then gets populated during the weekend.

Many pay-channels have a rolling 14day guide - if you check Sky Max on 121 (HD) & 122 (SD) that currently goes upto Monday 25th

This is perfectly normal behaviour, if that's what you're seeing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jude2
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @newapollo and @japitts you've put my mind at rest 

@japitts wrote:

As a broad rule of thumb, the terrestrial/FTA channels tend to have an EPG populated upto & including the following Friday - so currently that goes upto Friday 22nd. The data for the following week then gets populated during the weekend.

Many pay-channels have a rolling 14day guide - if you check Sky Max on 121 (HD) & 122 (SD) that currently goes upto Monday 25th

This is perfectly normal behaviour, if that's what you're seeing.

This is exactly what I've got.  At least it seems that nationally everyone has the same epg as me.  I was just worried that the nationwide issue today had affected my box, or that there was another issue with my box.  Thanks both again

0 Kudos