cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv goes blank then buffers

AnthonyBrod
Joining in

I have 3 virgin V6 boxes in the house. One of them will work for days with no issues, but will then act up with the tv screen going black and the buffering ball circling in the middle for a couple of seconds then come back on. The other two have no issues and this happpens only when watching TV, not recordings.

Has anyone else had these issues, when i check the local area, there appears to be no problem.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Signal breakup on live TV normally exhibits as pixellation, picture breakup and/or W02 errors - buffering is generally associated with slow internet speed. The internet is used for OnDemand & streaming, not live TV.

That aside, if only one of your boxes is having problems - try swapping them around. See if the problem follows the box or remains with the cabling/location.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AnthonyBrod,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this ongoing issue!

As @japitts suggested, buffering is mainly associated with recordings and On Demand and streaming services. Have you tried swapping the boxes around as suggested to see if this is a cable connection issue, or a TV box issue?

Can you tell me what channels are being impacted by this? 

Please ensure that all cables coming into the TV box and the TV itself are tight and secure.

Are you able to reboot your Hub to see if this will resolve this issue? 

Please keep us updated on this as much as you can.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs