Menu
AndyAndy48
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tv distortion and pixelation on channels

Can anyone help? Getting distortion on picture and pixelation on channel 5, Uk gold Hd, Bt sport 1, Sky Premier, changed boxes over and leads, tried to get through on phone to book engineer visit but just keeps ringing out, Fed up paying a lot of money for this,

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv distortion and pixelation on channels

Freesports HD shares a broadcast frequency with Gold HD and is available on all packages.

I'll assume you mean the HD versions of Sky Premier & BT Sport 1, they also share a broadcast frequency along with BT Sport ESPN HD & Sky One HD.

All of which lends weight to a signal fault. You can wait on here for forum staff to pick this thread up, but that may take a few days. Keep persisting with the call queues and maybe try at different times of the day, they open at 8am.

VM can determine whether you need a replacement box or an engineer visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

AndyAndy48
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply,

We have two V6 boxes and have changed them around and still no better,

It was just UK Gold HD, Now moved to other channels

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Please check whether Freesports HD (Ch 553) is also affected? That channel is on the same brodcast frequency as Gold HD, so a signal problem on one would affect both.

That the fault hasn't changed with swapping the boxes around, suggests one of 2 things. You either have 2 faulty boxes, or the issue is on your external cabling somewhere.

Ultimately this will need Virgin to check your equipment remotely, and then either arrange a box replacement or engineer visit. You can either wait on here (may take a few days) for VM staff to pick the post up, or you can call 150/0345 4541111 and wait for an agent to deal with the fault while you're on the phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

AndyAndy48
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I have been trying to get through to no avail,

I have tried other times of the day and just the same

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndyAndy48,

thank you for your post 🙂

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your tv, I have tried to do some checks but your box is unreachable can you please ensure it is switched on and I can run some further tests 🙂

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
AndyAndy48
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My box is always switched on, we are getting pixelation on several channels,

I cannot get through on the phone to speak to anyone,

I need an engineer to visit, Otherwise I will be getting the whole lot disconnected 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that this issue has been ongoing for a while @AndyAndy48, I have been able to locate your account via your forum profile and ran some diagnostics and the system has flagged an issue with the signal strength coming into your box.

I have been able to arrange an engineer visit for you for this to be looked into, you can find all of your details about the visit on your online account and my clicking on My Account and Order tracking, this will show the time and date of your appointment.

Regards

Steven_L

AndyAndy48
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for arranging the engineer, 

we had wiring issues which were changed and box signal changed, I appreciate your help

0 Kudos