Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tv control not finding boxes

I’m trying to use the tv control app on my iPhone but when I log in it can’t find any boxes. Everything seems to be hooked up ok and working. The app used to see one box in the bedroom but now it says there are no boxes on the account. I’ve checked on the connect app and all the hardware is there. Why can’t I access my V6 boxes?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv control not finding boxes

Hi,

On the boxes themselves got to the settings page and in devices there should be an option to turn on network controls ensure this is on for all your V6 boxes as this can sometimes stop the appearing on the app and will also stop them streaming recording to eachother.

Hope this helps
Jake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to save £50 off your bill by referring a friend? Send me a PM and ill let you know how!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Both boxes have the network remote set to on. I used to find only the bedroom box but now it dosent find either. Not changed any settings. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again,

I have had success once by uninstalling the app and re downloading it and signing back in. I had to do this when i installed my second V6 and it didn't add on to the app. 

Hope this helps
Jake
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
Want to save £50 off your bill by referring a friend? Send me a PM and ill let you know how!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tried a reinstall. Still not finding them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm still trying to work out if it is an account problem or a hardware one. I have reinstalled the app, on more ghan one device. Boxes both have the correct settings, but when I log in to my account it still says no boxes found. It used to have the bedroom box but it's lost that too.
0 Kudos