Menu
Nicky-G1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tv continually re-boots itself

Help - tv stops intermittently then shows no signal then starts re-booting itself (goes through start up procedure). Getting more frequent. Really frustrating as this is a new box- third in the last 3 months.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv continually re-boots itself

A rebooting box is certainly not a well one, and I'd recommend you call VM to report that.

What were your previous replacements for?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Nicky-G1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thanks

The original box - an old one - froze at the ‘starting up screen’ so was replaced. The replacement essentially did the same and so I got the upgrade to v6 in December. It has been an unmitigated disaster. Drops out and re-boots in the middle of watching a prog and also drops out when tv is not on and it is recording - sometimes you see a recording in 3 parts with gaps where it has re-booted😩

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There's a possibility you've got an underlying signal issue, but I'd like to think that VM would have checked this if they've replaced your box 3 times.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos