cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv cable extwns

cjohn1969
Tuning in

I’ve recently changed bedroom around which has left me with a shorter tv cable from wall to tv box,can virgin media come out and replace existing cable with a longer one,I know it’s easy to do but new cable needs to pass through fitted wardrobe now

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello cjohn1969

Thanks for posting on the forum in regards to your new set up and changes, we're happy to help with this.

As japitts has advised we are able to arrange for a technician to come out and replace and reroute the cable for you but as it is classed as a non fault call out it would be charged at £25, the other option is as Roger_Gooner has advised would be a longer HDMI cable.

If you would like us to help with the call out let us know and we can make the arrangements.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A non-fault callout can be arranged, be aware there is a flat £25 charge for this

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Can you use a longer HDMI cable from box to TV.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello cjohn1969

Thanks for posting on the forum in regards to your new set up and changes, we're happy to help with this.

As japitts has advised we are able to arrange for a technician to come out and replace and reroute the cable for you but as it is classed as a non fault call out it would be charged at £25, the other option is as Roger_Gooner has advised would be a longer HDMI cable.

If you would like us to help with the call out let us know and we can make the arrangements.

Rob

How would I book this ?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

By taking up the offer in the previous post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @cjohn1969,

We can help to arrange that for you from here on the community forums, but there would be a £25.00 call out fee as advised that you'd need to accept. If you can confirm that you're happy with the charge, we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!