cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv box reset

Riichiie00
Joining in

So had a few issues with viewing channels on the tv box attempted to retune the tv box never worked tried a reset never worked, so eventually tried the full reset option and it now seems to be stuck in a loop of welcoming me then saying starting up then says delisting thing please hang tight. I’ve left it over night and still has the same issues, anyone any help??

6 REPLIES 6

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a bug in the current Firmware that causes the box to go into an infinate loop if you select the "Clear & Reset" menu option..

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Known-Issue-Clear-and-Reset-Function-V6/td-p/51613... 

There is a reset procedure for this, but you might need a second pair of hands to carry it out.

1) Turn the box off by the switch at the back.

2) Press AND HOLD the front Power & + buttons.

3) With these still pressed turn the power switch back on.

4) Continue to hold in the front buttons in FOR AT LEAST 30 seconds.

The box will go through a lengthy sequence with the front light cycling white, orange & eventually blue.

Do not press anything until the box reboots to its normal state.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi I have just tried this, the light goes from white then orange then pulsating orange a download symbol appears on the screen and the light goes back to orange and began to reset in the infinite loop. Any idea?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the box is stuck in a reset loop and the fiddly procedure already explained hasn't worked, then your next step is to call TV Faults to report your box is stuck in the bootloop. You'll need a tech visit and the box is likely to be replaced.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone, or wait here (might be a couple of days) for VM staff to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Riichiie00,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your set top box. 

I have ran some checks from our side and can see you have been able to speak to the team for further assistance.

Please do get back in touch if we can help in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Thank you so much!!! I was about to put my box in the bin having tried to 'clear and reset'.

Much appreciated.

P.F.

Glad to hear this has now been resolved Penfox, if you need us again in the future please let us know.

Rob