Menu
mbrannon74
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tv box freezing

My 2nd box on bedroom keeps freezing when watching tv, am constantly turning on off at socket to reboot to resolve. Also frequently when turning on the light on box flickers from red to white at message on screen saying starting up but nothing happens so have to reboot again. Ongoing for last 2 months cannot contact anyone to speak to.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv box freezing

Hi Mbrannan74,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your TV box looked into, I am sorry its frustrating you. 

Switching off the box at the mains doesn't really help the equipment reset itself, its better to switch it off at the back on the box itself so it can power down properly instead of cutting off all power from the mains. 

Can I also ask how the box is connected to the internet? Via wireless or wired? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
mbrannon74
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have been turning off at box and at power does not make difference. The main box downstairs is fine. 

0 Kudos
mbrannon74
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And it is wired not wireless 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello mbrannon74,

Can I ask when it freezes, does it matter what channel your watching, whether it's live or On Demand? I'm unable to check your details  for the TV Box as it's currently off. Can you turn it on for us and if you have more than one box, please leave them off so we're sure to check the correct one?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
mbrannon74
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Always when watching live tv and does not make a difference what channel I am watching. Without being able to contact anyone I cannot show whoever when happens 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi mbrannon74,

Thanks for replying. Can you clarify if it's the V6 that's in the bedroom and if it's plugged directly into the wall or an extender? I'm currently attempting to connect to the because and it's coming back as 'unreachable'

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
mbrannon74
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Its plugged into an extension lead 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi mbrannon74

Sorry with the delay in our response. I am sorry your 2nd box faults' issue has not been resolved. I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos