Menu
alex70
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tv Picture Pixilating

Six months ago my TV picture started Pixilating particularly on BT HD sport and ITV4. After a visit from a technician this problem deteriorated and another technician came out and she stated that the first one had made a right mess by doing what he did. This second technician replaced virtually every cable and box and left saying that the wire to my house needed pulled. As we had just paid for an expensive artificial grass lawn we decided much to the relief of the virgin team who were sent out to do this job not to go ahead. The actual picture had improved after the second technicians visit but now it is getting bad again. How can the wire require pulling when it improved at first and has now deteriorated again. Apart from changing to Sky has anyone any ideas.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv Picture Pixilating

Thank you for your post Alex70 and welcome to our community.

If you were advised by the technician previously that this would require replacing the external wiring then it would be a case that the external wire has deteriorated and the issue may return if you rejected the fix of having this replaced. 

Although we'd like to ensure that this is the reason for this, could you please check our service status page for any known area faults which may be causing this? You can also run tests on equipment through this page when logged into your My Virgin Media account.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
alex70
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily
Thanks for reply and I have checked local faults and my equipment through your website. To be honest the technicians seemed to work on the principle that if you change everything then the fault will be fixed. If virgin give an undertaking that after doing a pull of the cable my garden, including expensive artificial grass, will be exactly as it was before you started then fine otherwise I suppose I have to look elsewhere for a decent TV service.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I understand your concern, but when an engineer suggests something it's because it needs doing, he wouldn't want to do it for the fun of it, as it's quite hard to get an engineer it would have been wise to have it done while he was there, it depends on whether you want the service to work or not.Regards Micky
alex70
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi There

Coming back to pixilating picture problems on HD channels particularly when football is on. It has worked fine for months and now suddenly it has gone **bleep** up again presumably your technician has pulled out the wrong plug in the street box. Have rebooted box within an inch of its life, changed HDMI input plugs but as always the only people who can sort this is the technician in the street box. Ask him to plug it back in the next time he goes to the street box please. It is an awful lot of money for a second rate tv service.

0 Kudos