cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv 6 stops recording

jonny19
Tuning in

A recording will stop in the middle of a programme then start a new recording a few minutes later. Is this a fault?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That means the box has rebooted in the middle of the recording, probably a sign your box is on its way way out

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That means the box has rebooted in the middle of the recording, probably a sign your box is on its way way out

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm guessing you have 2 separate recordings, the first part & second part separated by a gap of perhaps 5 minutes.

As mentioned above, this usually means your box has rebooted, and resumed the recording for the second half.

A box that's regularly rebooting has a fault, and depending what the programme was that was affected - you may be able to find alternative showings and record it again. Your other option, from either of the recordings, just below the "play now" option will be a "related videos" link. If the programme is available anywhere on VoD, it should show here.

Thank you