Menu
woody196
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Totally useless

So been trying to sort vod not working for 3 days twice on phone taking an hour to get through then get through and told to wait another 40 mins then cut off . Third time 50 mins waiting then answered then told to wait while they find out wether the failed box that I rent  is elligible for free replacement another 45 mins waiting for a decision then cut off.

Its common knowledge that these boxes are the cheapest crap they can turn out, so much so that even the super hub 3 I have put into modem mode and supplied my own decent equipment.

So *bleep* service *bleep* equipment and overpriced,  they must be losing custom massively. 

No wonder people are going for dodgy boxes i don't blame them.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Totally useless

I'm not sure whether you're posting on here to seek help, or for another reason, but I'll assume you want some help sorting your TV issues and pick a few things that will help myself and others to assist...

Which TV box do you have - is it a TiVo or a V6? Check here if you're not sure

You've suggested having a problem with OnDemand not working, but not what the issue is? There's a wealth of knowledge and experience on these boards that could well help solve some of your issues. But we need a bit more to go on 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

woody196
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for reply and sorry for the moaning out of frustration. 

The problem was that the v6 box would not connect to the Internet either through wired or wireless.It is not a issue with the connection as all other devices work.

It is also not software as I have factory reset the box.

I have another box in a different room which when swapped works fine , so the first box is faulty.

My problem is getting a replacement box I can not get through and when I do eventually I get cut of.I have spent a total of 5 hrs on hold.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@woody196 wrote:

The problem was that the v6 box would not connect to the Internet either through wired or wireless.It is not a issue with the connection as all other devices work.

Forgive me for asking, but the connection between your V6 and your homehub is only used by your V6, other devices will have their own connection. So, on what basis are you saying that your issues are not caused by the 'net connection?

On your V6, try following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. This screen reports the V6's internet connection (in the top-right). What does it report?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

lets rule out the router.

Factory reset the hub back to factoy settings and connect the tivo to the hub by cable.

Do you still see problems

0 Kudos
woody196
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It can not be router as when I swap to the other box it works fine.Also there is a good connection as I have tested with other devices.

the box in question says it can’t connect to the internet, when I put the other box on it works every time.

also the router is a new ASUS and and works fine on wired and wireless.

i have reset the super hub and the v6 box many time and restarted many times always with same result

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You've not answered....

On the V6, try following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. This screen reports the V6's internet connection (in the top-right). What does it report?

0 Kudos
woody196
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It reports no connection also in different tabs next to
IP address it says none
0 Kudos
woody196
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I then put the other box on and there’s no issue vod is there

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@woody196 wrote:
It reports no connection also in different tabs next to
IP address it says none

Lovely - is that with an Ethernet cable connected or not? Is the same cable proven as working ok with other devices?

With an Ethernet cable connected, that will override WiFi - unplug the Ethernet and the options to connect via WiFi should present. If you use these, are you able to get a connection.

Feel free to post pics of what you're seeing, if you think it could help.

0 Kudos