Menu
toxicwaster
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Total nightmare service and 7400 Error

So my family have had an absolute nightmare trying to deal with virgin media recently but another topic I suppose, we were offered the NEW virgin TV box when signing up to renew a deal but my dad didn't want to lose all recorded episodes etc so he regrettably declined. Our current Tivo box packed in not long after and my da spent most of his day on the phone on Tuesday trying to get things sorted. 

Long story short, they sent a replacement OLD V6 box which was the first disappointment (especially when they are sending the new ones out to all new customers and we were offered one) and now the error code 7400 has been appearing for hours. We have already called the auto activation line to activate the new equipment. 

Doesn't really want to spend his new years eve or day on the phone for hours again. 

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Total nightmare service and 7400 Error

Hi toxicwaster,

If the automatic activation line on 0800 953 9500 isn't picking up then you could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

toxicwaster
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We ended up calling, may have taken an hour nearly but was eventually sorted, cheers for the speedy response!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again toxicwaster,

Thanks for the update. I'm pleased it's all been activated and working now.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
Eeeps
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@toxicwaster wrote:

Long story short, they sent a replacement OLD V6 box which was the first disappointment (especially when they are sending the new ones out to all new customers and we were offered one) and now the error code 7400 has been appearing for hours. We have already called the auto activation line to activate the new equipment. 

When you say 'OLD V6 box' do you mean you were expecting one of the new 360 sticks or just that it was a refurbished unit.
It is normal for all suppliers to provide refurbished units for replacements of faulty equipment.

In terms of the 7400 error code, the VM forum team have resolved that in the past.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Eeeps 

So far as resolving Error 7400 goes, "in the past" is the operative phrase here.

Current advice is to call in every time, if the online advice has failed.

@toxicwaster 

A good point has been made -  both the V6 & V360 are current boxes, whether the V360 is an upgrade from TiVo/V6 is debatable at this time.

It's not uncommon for replacement boxes to be refurbished models, they're often as good as new boxes.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos