Menu
STV
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

To be announced

Hi. This is my first post in desperation because I don’t know which way to turn. I’ve had this fault for 8 days (error N27 and C230). I’ve done all the checks and have wasted over 8 hours trying to get through on the phone with no joy. Emailing has been the same. So frustrating. The faulty TiVo box is in the bedroom with red WiFi lights on and error C230 at top of guide page. I’ve put the lounge TiVo box in the bedroom and this works. Tried the faulty bedroom box in the lounge and it’s got the same fault. Faulty TiVo box as far as I’m concerned. But how the hell do you get to talk to someone at Virgin without them cutting you off? I’ve a wife with chronic fatigue that spends a lot of time in bed but she can’t see anything on her TV guide and so can’t record anything either.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: To be announced

Is the "faulty" box a TiVo or a V6? You've mentioned TiVo but described WiFi which is only supported on the V6. It also introduces more variables..

Check here if you're not sure.

If you do have a V6 and not a TiVo, how is it connected to your home-hub? That's the means by which the box connects to the internet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
STV
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sorry. It IS a V6! It’s connected by an Ethernet cable in the lounge. The faulty one in the bedroom has just the Sky-type screw fitting cable

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I suspected as much. The V6 needs two separate connections - the white co-ax provides the incoming TV signals, but the online functions, OnDemand, TV Guide updates and a few other bits, all use the internet which is provided via your homehub. The V6 connects to your homehub using either Ethernet cable or WiFi, and it's quite possible this is the problem in your case.

On the affected box, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and the box's internet connection status is shown in the top-right. I'd guess in your case, that something along the lines of "not connected" is reported.

It's been a while since I connected a V6 using WiFi, but the on-screen prompts to create a WiFi connection (which it sounds like you intend to use) should be reasonably obvious to follow. As a quick check, you could even try plugging your "faulty" box into the lounge Ethernet cable to see what happens 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
STV
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for replying👍
The last part of your comment I’ve tried already. I’ve taken the faulty box into the lounge and connected it up and it’s doing the same thing. I’ve also connected the lounge box in the bedroom and it works perfectly. Nothing’s happened to cabling etc to make this fault appear. It’s just happened m, which is why I think the bedroom box is at fault. Saying that, there seems to be a lot of members posting the same fault

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

If the bedroom box won't work over Ethernet, then I'd agree that's a fault which is best reported to VM.

It would be interesting to know what the bedroom box says in the network connection screen about WiFi, if it has become inadvertently disconnected somehow, you may be able to cludge it back to life as a temporary measure at least.

0 Kudos
STV
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

There lies the main problem. As I’ve already said, probably like others, you just can’t get through to them. I wish I could get an Ethernet cable to the bedroom but it’s 20m away. Thanks for trying anyway👍

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi as two others have asked what does the network setting say about the connection, top right corner, in network setting. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
STV
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi

On the ‘Guide’ page I’m getting ‘No internet  connection (C230)

I’m getting ‘Network Connection Unsuccessful’ (Network cable unplugged)

then ‘Ethernet cable unplugged N27)

I’ve also had ‘Show info has ran out (M60)

0 Kudos
STV
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

To be Announced... next stage!

Further to my last posts I’m now getting an error code on my V6 of M58 (even though the screen message says I’ve got a TiVo). Apparently it’s not been connected for 30 days! Now there’s no TV guide at all now, it’s stuck on ITV!

lo and behold I’ve got to get in touch with them. How? Can someone tell me how I can get in touch with a company that doesn’t want contacting. I’ve tried for the last 11 days, spent hours on the phone, sent numerous emails. Nothing, nada

Had to ring Sky about something today. Got through in 5 minutes!  So easy

Are there no engineers out there that can help?

0 Kudos