Menu
kindo128
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

To be announced on many stations

Three boxes in the house, main one in living room has many stations saying "to be announced " randomly up and down the menu. Even when selected the info about show it the same. Yes ! I have rebooted repeatedly and the other two boxes, in two separate bedrooms do not have this issue.  Very annoying  ! Can anyone help ? Ta 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: To be announced on many stations

If you keep seeing the TBA message it's usually because the box has lost it's internet connection.

Try reconnecting to the network

Home - Help and Settings - Settings - Network - Connect to the Virgin Media service now.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
kindo128
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you but I have tried this. And the WiFi settings are working fine. It is not all, just every 5th or 6th one, and randomly different every day. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Which TV boxes do you have? You've no said. If you're not sure, check here 

Can you watch OnDemand programmes from the same boxes?

@kindo128 wrote:

has many stations saying "to be announced " randomly up and down the menu.

Can you be specific about which channels?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
kindo128
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's a v 6 box,  it's random channels, change daily.  We have a second v 6 box in my bedroom,  with no issues and a tivo box in my sons bedroom,  again no issues.  

Yesterday it was channel 4 and 5 then another 10/ random channels down the list. Today it's itvb (not important to me ! Lol) 5 select, 5 USA,  itv3, 4 more, 4hd, sky sports. 

Many on this list not important to me, but it can be itv, bbc. It's random each day.

Thank you for your assistance 

0 Kudos
kindo128
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, yes on demand is fine to use and watch 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@kindo128 wrote:

It's a v 6 box,  it's random channels, change daily. 

Are you saying that guide data that is populated, is subsequently being deleted?

You've not mentioned whether these are the HD variants or not, and just said "Sky Sports" which encompasses around 20 channels.

It's a simple fix, but you've not said, so.... have you tried a box restart? Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart my TiVo

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
kindo128
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It is not uniquely hd channels

On viewing the channel listing, (to be announced) appears in the line where that station tv listing would be.  Later in the same day, it is different channels that have this message,  it is random and has no pattern that I can see. 

Since my first text an hour ago. I now have to be announced on channels 4, 5hd, itvb+1, drama,stay, syfihd and many more, non of these were like this an hour ago. 

I have re booted my box on several occasions 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There's 4 levels of reset available in the "Clear or restart" menu. If the box has a fault you're likely to lose everything on it anyway, so there's potentially less to lose here, but do follow the on-screen instructions here, and make your own judgement as to what is appropriate...

The third level of reset is to "clear programme info and planned recordings". This should completely wipe your EPG and force the box to download the entire guide from scratch. If there's some dodgy data in there somewhere, this'll be the quickest way to solve it.

The onscreen instructions and guidance is intentionally quite good in this menu, to prevent anything being done accidentally or unintentionally.

0 Kudos
kindo128
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Will try this, thank you

0 Kudos