Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

To be announced for all channels

Our second box has not been connected to the network for a few months by accident (in a room we haven’t used). It now is connected and I have been through the settings to connect to the network which it has and rebooted a few times. However, now the guide does not work and all channels and programmes are listed as ‘to be announced’ which is obviously useless.

How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: To be announced for all channels

Hi AlsiT,

It sounds like your V6 box needs reactivating since it hasn't been used for over 30 days.

You need to phone 0800 953 9500 to get your box re-activated. You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and re-activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave, I phoned and asked for it to be reactivated and the guy said that wouldn’t fix it and was a technical issue. I have now been on hold to the technical team for over 40 minutes and my phone is about to run out of battery ☹️

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Made it to an hour and 5 minutes on hold. No answer, rubbish. Is there no other way I can sort without phoning?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried forcing a network connection in settings?
==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mmm,  not sure. Is that the same as ‘connect to the virgin media service now’?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Indeed. This issue could be symptomatic of 2 things..

1: The box has become deactivated by virtue of being offline from VM for 30days+ ... this should indicate an Error 7400 on your normal TV channels and be pretty obvious.

2: Your box has just lost connection to the internet, which is essential for guide updates, VOD and numerous other bits. Your V6 needs to connect to your homehub for onward connection - Ethernet is best, WiFi is possible but does introduce other variables, how is yours connected?

If you go into Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, the top-right corner indicates your network connection. What is shown? If it shows connected, then the top-left should report completed connections roughly every 6 hours. Does it?

The "connect to Virgin Media service now" at the bottom, forces a manual connection.

Try this, and see how you get on... report back as necessary and I'm sure someone can help further 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello, it had indeed been offline for 30 days and I had forced a manual connection and rebooted earlier this afternoon but nothing happened. Then just as I was reading your response I checked again and the guide is now back fully restored with all information! Seems to have been a delay.

Thanks very much to you all who took the time to reply, very much appreciated! ☺️