cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo6 Control

palcouk
On our wavelength

The 'My Shows' Btn is not very responsive, you have to press it several times before it finally works and when it does the screen keeps refreshing as it catches up with the inputs.

I purchased a new original Cntrl on Amazon, it works fine other than Mute/Volume, and i've followed the VM set up process (code 0999) a couple of dozen times.

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi palcouk

Try resetting the new remote again and then set it up by following the instructions <<< here >>>   You can also order a free replacement remote on the last page of the above link.

If that doesn't work then click on Home > Help and Settings > Help > Set up Remote. 

Follow instructions there it should give you a series of codes to try.  You can also put 0999 in place of the code and press channel up until the TV turns off. then press ok.

Instead of the 999 find your TV model remote codes <<< here >>>  and try them - the first one isn't always the best so try a few.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

palcouk
On our wavelength

I ordered a new remote (I didnt realise you could order via the VM account) It arrived today and I followed the setup instructions, all good so now I have a working remote 

(On the old the 'My Shows' Btn didnt function correctly, it would take multiple presses before it worked)

T/Y

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @palcouk 

Thanks for updating the thread.

It's good to see that you have a fully functioning remote control again

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali