Menu
Brucie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo

I have the V6 box as my main box and the old Virgin Tivo box in another room  , is it possible to get this changed for the V6 box without cost or do i need to wait for it to malfunction  ?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo

Hi you have hit the nail on the head, specially as they are only undertaking essential installs and repairs at the moment. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Brucie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is there a way around it i.e. removing the input cable and saying it's not operating and then when they run a line test it shows as malfunction  ?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There's 2 main routes to getting a box-swap..

1: If you're out of contract and in a position to renegotiate your bundle deal, then ask for a box-swap to be part of an agreed new package

2: If your box is diagnosed faulty, then ask the agent and/or engineer if they can swap it. No guarantees with this route, but you never know.

Given that you already have a TiVo in the second room, then internal cabling isn't an issue as you'll just be swapping one box for another.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Brucie
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes i am thinking the old Tivo is no longer produced or supplied so any box swap has to be the V6  , as i understand there is a new 360 Tivo on course for distribution  ? Not sure what the extras are to the V6 but imagine there's an upgrade to something otherwise they wouldn't be bringing it out ?

Brucie

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The TiVo is still supplied and new TV-only customers are still being fitted with them.

Both TiVo & V6 run on the TiVo-licenced software platform, the V360 runs on the new Horizon (in very simple terms, Virgin in-house) software platform. At the moment they are entirely different setups, and there is much functionality on TiVo/V6 that V360 doesn't currently have. Equally there is some new functionality on the V360 that TiVo/V6 doesn't.

In time, Horizon will replace the TiVo platform - but we're quite a way from that yet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Brucie
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your information on the technical issues,of which i am not very knowledgeable off , it's good to hear from people who know so you can make sure you get the right decision  , i am just trying to keep pace with the technology going forward and it's good to be in the know when i speak with Virgin  , so thanks 

Brucie 

0 Kudos