Menu
unburl
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo - v6 problem

Hi,

I've got a Tivo V6 box and an older Tivo box connected through the Virgin router using ethernet and powerline. I have no problems watching recordings on the Tivo box via the V6 box. However whenever I try to watch recordings on the V6 box via the Tivo it works for a short while and then stops due to connectivity problems. It gets a bit annoying when it happens every couple of minutes. I've tried rebooting both boxes, the router and the powerline plugs several times, but this doesn't solve the problem. Are there any settings I should be checking, or will I just have to replace the Tivo box?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo - v6 problem

Hi unburl, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when watching recordings via your V6 box.

I appreciate you have stated you get connectivity problems, do you get a message on the screen stating this or an error code at all?

As this issue is only occurring when using the V6 box, could you try swapping the ethernet cables to see if the issues lies there for us?

You can also run quick checks via the network page on the V6 box to check on the connection. 

Further assistance can be found by clicking the links below 🙂

TV issues help 

V6 Userguide 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
unburl
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I fixed the problem. Thank you.

192.168.l.l routerlogin 192.168.0.1

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@unburl wrote:

I fixed the problem. Thank you.

@unburl 

For the benefit of others reading this thread seeking help with similar issues, would you mind posting what you did to fix?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know that you have resolved your issue @unburl.

As @japitts has requested, please could you advise what you did to fix the problem so that you can help any of our users with a similar issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos