Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tivo v6 loss of signal

Hi, can anyone help on Friday 3rd April my TV box lost its signal, I have tried everything possible eg, new hdmi cable, all 4 hdmi ports on tv switching everything off to reboot itself, I have even reset the TV to see if it would reload the box but all I get is no signal. Broadband works fine. 

Personally I think its the box, but with the situation as it is virgin are on shut down. Has anyone got any other ideas. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo v6 loss of signal

Hi

What is the screen displaying?

Starting up?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the screen displays nothing, just a black screen then it shut to TV screen saver saying no signal and to check all conections. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What lights are showing on the front of the V6 and in what sequence? Does it respond to the remote?

Also, do you have the Virgin TV Control app? Can you connect to the box with that?

Does the TV work with other HDMI input devices ok?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the light on the box is white tinged with red. 

I have tried to connect on the with  smart tv app but no joy. When I click on the app it just ask do you want to turn on your set top box, if it is turned on please check you connections. The box was switched on. 

If I press any key on my remote the light still flashes as though changing channels 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Is your TV's HDMI source still correct?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Now the WiFi playing up so I'm leaving everything unplugged over night. I'm getting so stressed now 😞😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Can you see any damage or bends in the rf cable that goes in at the back? Have you tried a different hdmi port  or the box on a different Tv? I work in the field for virgin media and ive resolved this problem before but there's a few reasons this can happen. Do you have,the screw on connections or push on?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, I have tried all 4 hdmi ports, we have screw in conections and there are no links or bend in cables. It all work fine till Friday lunch time when the box just suddenly started to reboot its self (we were watching TV at the time) after that it came up with message no signal check box is switched on and check conections, box was switched on. I then switched everything on to reboot, like repair team tell you to do, same message. That's when I tried all other hdmi I ports, new hdmi cable (dvd player still work in all ports). I have even reset tv back to factory setting and started all over again and the message I get is do you want to switch you set top box on. Then last night WiFi started playing up tv said it was connected but we couldn't even watch live TV and my mobile had an (!) Mark at side of WiFi simble. So I switched everything of and left it over night. Switched everything back WiFi is wotking live TV is working WiFi back on mobile phone but V6 box still no signal. 

0 Kudos