Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo v6 box issue

Evening all, 

Having an issue with trying to watch paused or recorded programmes. When I press play the picture struggles to play, goes pixilated, sound goes all over the place & i end up having to delete or miss the programme im trying to watch. Have tried restarting the box, have tried turning off at the mains, have tried disconnecting the cables & putting back in, but still no good. This has been going on for over a week now & can't get to speak to virgin media staff, what can I do? Also keep having problems with WiFi dropping off. Moved from sky because of similar issues,  should I move back again!!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo v6 box issue

Can you watch live TV Channels ok?

If yes, it sounds like your hard drive has some problems - which will only get worse. It's a box fault, so call VM to report it. Your box will likely need to be replaced. When you say "WiFi dropping off", do you mean your V6's connection via WiFi to your homehub?

If you mean anything else, I'd recommend posting in the wi-fi board here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo v6 box issue

Hiya Japitts,

Live channels are ok as long as I don't pause them. Tried calling vm,  but can't get any answer, it keeps pushing me to online services & cuts off.

Can't seem to speak to an actual person anymore!!

Yeh, wifi is broadband issue only, seems ok but then goes week in other rooms. Have tried to contact virgin about a network extender but again no one to talk with!

#virginservices #poorservice

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 box issues

Can anyone from virgin customer service help with my constant v6 box issues or do I need to cancel my direct debit to get someone to speak with me!!

This has been going on for a few weeks now, box is very glitchy, still struggles to play recorded programmes properly,  has issues playing once a live program is paused & restarted.  Have tried everything the online services etc have said, but still no good.

I'm still paying my full monthly fee, yet receiving a poor service! Do I get money back for missed services? Do I get to speak to someone about a new box? Do I need to cancel my d.d or even my contract all together!!

Are virgin actually bothered,  maybe a bit of bad social media listings may help them to act!

Very unhappy!!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box issues

@Rdh72 

I've merged your posts to keep them together 🙂

It sounds like you need to call Virgin Media to report your service issues - 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box issues

Hiya Japitts,

I've tried calling quite a few times now over the last couple of week's. I'm on hold listening to the same flipping tunes for over an hour each time, then it cuts you off. I've tried calling in the morning, afternoon, evening,  all with the same response.

What's the point in providing a service if you can't back it up fully with customer support, have they made 90% of the workforce redundant? Seems the only 10% left are the ones that collect your money!!

The way its going they won't be collecting mine much longer & I'll be off back to sky,  even if the broadband isn't as good! Atleast they help.

0 Kudos