Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo sound delay on menus and lip sync issues

I've had a Tivo v6 for a few weeks, numerous times I've noticed the menu sounds are delayed after selecting something, lip sync is really bad on all the channels and recordings I've tried.

If I press pause on a live recording the sound continues for 2 seconds.

I've tried settting Audio to Dolby Digital to PCM which doesn't help.

a Tivo reset solves the issue, I reset it yesterday but the issue has reappeared this morning,

The Tivo is plugged directly into the TV using the supplied HDMI cable, there is no sound bar, or amp etc in the setup.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo sound delay on menus and lip sync issues

Was ok yesterday following the reboot, but the delay is back again.

is something wrong with my TiVo box??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

onRe: Tivo sound delay on menus and lip sync issues

reboot Monday, same issue Tuesday!! Guess I need to ring Virgin Media as this forum doesn't appear to be used by them for support!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: onRe: Tivo sound delay on menus and lip sync issues

Hi it is but not a quick fix, virgin take about a week to respond on here, so for an immediate response I'm afraid you have to persevere with a phone. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: onRe: Tivo sound delay on menus and lip sync issues

Tried all sorts of things, still end up with the issue

Moving cable to HDMI 2 and the sound issues are resolved, until the box goes into standby, then it returns.

Moving cable back to HDMI temporarily solves the issue

Turned all display settings off, like sharpness, resolution enhancement, MPEG reduction etc and set the HDMI port to "normal", this seemed to work for 48 hours, then back to usual this morning

I'm using the HDMI cable that came with the box, wondering if it could be a cable issue?? Any recommended cables to try?? I've got various older HDMI cables, but none that I could definitely say are HDMI 2.0

0 Kudos