Menu
Jmw-home
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Tivo remote not working

Starting a new thread in the hope the support team see this. Remote works occasionally - new batteries have not resolved this, and it takes several / many attempts to get any button to work. Fault website sends you to the call centre; the call centre sends you to the website. Not too helpful. 
can you contact me and let me know how I can get a new remote? 
thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo remote not working

Hi Jmw-home,

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (TV Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When you are asked to do the tests, hang up, then redial around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the call up

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Jmw-home
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for that. I’ll text as suggested. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Jmw-home,

I forgot to mention,

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Jmw-home
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Tried the text number. Endless texts asking if I still need help with the promise of a referral to an assistant, but then no further help, despite replying YES each time. Text query now seems to have been closed off, because they now want all the original details already provided. Meanwhile lots of emails from community hosts, but none actually dealing with the problem. Currently watching Netflix because we cannot change channels, and considering a SKY package. 

TV App does not work because our TiVo box is hardwired to the network, not on wifi and I cannot link it to WiFi without a working remote!

Absolutely hopeless Virgin Media service so far. 

But thanks to NewApollo for the text number. 

0 Kudos
Jmw-home
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok.  So messages were left on the text number on Wednesday, and then I went through all the AI bot chat stuff it generates, ending up with a promise of a call back. Nothing yet. Any idea how long it might take, and how can I escalate this?

Do I have to get Sky to be able to watch cable and tv again?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Jmw_home,

This is normally picked up by the call centre, even when texting which can take 72 hours for a response.

Hopefully a member of Forum Staff will pick this up for you.

They might have missed this as on one fo your posts you clicked solved... if  shows as solved they usually leave the post alone.

Dave

0 Kudos
FrogCF
Dialled in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Please follow this information.

Reset remote Reset remote

To clear your changes and reset your Virgin TV remote to its original settings: Press and hold down Clear and TV on the remote at the same time until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice. Press Thumbs Down three times, then press OK.

This should reconnect to your Tivo

if anymore questions don't hesitate to contact me back.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem trying to order a new remote was on the 150 number for 50 mins today and then I cut me off . So much for Virgin Service.

0 Kudos
Jmw-home
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Update :  text responses came in reply to my texts to the number Dave / new Apollo gave. New remote promised to arrive in 4-5 days. Fingers crossed. I don’t know if the response shortly after my last post was coincidence or due to someone seeing it , but thanks to Dave for the text number. 
now just keep fingers crossed for a delivery soon.