Menu
PeeGeeR
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo remote faulty

A number of buttons (e.g. Home, number 4, back) on my remote have ceased to function. I have re-booted the box and inserted new batteries into the remote with no effect.

Unfortunately the online help I have accessed (resetting the remote, re-pairing etc.) all require the use of one or more of the non-functioning buttons so I'm stuck.

Unable to get through to a human on the help-line so I'm in a frustrating loop - anyone out there - can you offer any help please?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
PeeGeeR
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo remote faulty

BTW - I cannot use the mobile app as the Tivo is on a different (cable) network to my mobile wireless network
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo remote faulty

Hi PeeGeeR,

You need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos