Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tivo boxes not linking

Hi

I have 2 tivo boxes one wired and other wireless been trying to watch recordings on one box but not connecting. When I run a test it comes up with C423 error then I run a port connection test and says I need to open the following TCP ports 80, 8080, 80, 7287, 7288, 8081. I have checked the router and these are on. Shut it all down still not connecting. Issue since 21.10.2020. I have no help from VM. Was promised a call back from a supervisor that hasn't happened.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo boxes not linking

Hi jaycloth1,

Error code C423 has the wrong link on the VM errors page, it's a typo and  you should click on C243 instead.

Ignore the TCP port errors, they honestly don't mean or alter anything.

Check all your connections, especailly the white coaxials, makes sure they aren't bent/twisted and  are snug and tight, then reboot your box.

You could also swap the boxes around. This may show whether it's a box or signal fault. You can click on Check service status at the top of the page and run a test on your equipment from there. This may pick up the fault and/or also help you get through to faults. 

It actually helps if you have to call the faultline as the system should recognise you've triedd the online fixes and put you through to an agent after a long wait) rather than having to do all the tests again.  If phoning try at 8am if possible as that's when lines first open and are least busy

You should also check your wireless and wired connections using your remote. Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network connection.

When was the last successful connection?

Click on Connect to Virgin Media service now and see if that helps

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Thx for responding. I have I've tried all what you stated except switching boxes (will try that later) and the last time I had a connection was 19th Oct. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's not entirely clear from your previous posts whether you have TiVo or V6 boxes, I suspect one of each - but it might be good to check here and let us know if you need to repost, it may help further advice.

The TiVo boxes have all their TV & internet connections inbuilt, and only need a connection to your VM homehub in order to link to other boxes - this connection needs to be Ethernet.

The V6 boxes have the TV connection carried over the co-ax cable, and rely on your homehub for internet. This can be Ethernet and ideally is, but WiFi can also work.

In both cases, the connection status can be checked by following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

My apologies I have 2 V6 boxes one over wifi and one ethernet. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

For now, and I'll live to regret this, let's take the Ethernet connected box as ok 🤞

On the WiFi connected box, what's the signal strength reported as? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. Check in the top-right.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 boxes not linking

Hi

Wifi connected V6 Signal strength 70%

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ok... not brilliant but "ok". I wouldn't bet against this being the underlying issue.

Does that box have any issues with VOD and other streaming apps? Might still be worth swapping the boxes around and see if the problem follows the box, or the location.

Is it using the 5Ghz WiFi band, if so it might be worth experimenting with the 2.4Ghz

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

No issues with VOD or apps only having issue with watching recordings via "other tivo boxes"

Currently on 5g. How do i change to 2g

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HI Jaycloth1, Can you see the following link here Here it will show you how to log in to the hub and change settings. Chris 

0 Kudos