Menu
Danny3972
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box

My box won't start, it stays at starting up screen with all lights flashing, the power button flashes from red to green and nothing happens. I've followed the instructions on the help page but nothing is working as of yet. Help please my kids are driving me nuts 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box

It sounds like you might need to call VM to report your fault.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Danny3972,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to see you've been having some issues with the TV- I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, and can see you've been able to arrange a box swap.

If you do still need anything please let me know.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Danny3972
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex, I've received a new Tivo box which works, but since it's been installed my other box haa a constant 7400 error message and I've followed all the online instructions and called the 0345 4541111 number and its still not working. My kids are driving me batty as they can't watch anything, can you help??? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Danny, I'd recommend following the online instructions on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 

If those fail, then call the activations line on 0800 9539500 with the box details to hand. When you say you've called the C/S number and it's not working, what did the agent say when you spoke to them?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Danny3972
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Japitts, 

I've tried the online help, numerous times and about as much use a chocolate fireguard. The 0345 number is just as bad, tried the help chat, and I'm waiting daily around 9 hours for a reply. I'll try the activations number and see if they can help. Cheers

Danny 

0 Kudos
Danny3972
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Japitts, 

Cheers for your help, I called the 0800 number and after 2. 5hrs on the phone they sorted it. Painful to say the least 

Danny

0 Kudos