Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box.

Hello Hope everyone is well.

I've tried ringing a few times to report a fault, told a text will be sent with a link to follow for extra support but none has been sent.

My box doesn't display a picture, mainly from overnight. i can get the menus etc and sound.

If i go into catch up and mess about it sometimes comes back on, other than that i have to swap over hdmi ports. It all works fine until i turn the tv off for any amount of time then it reverts back to menus and sound but no picture.

So i understand that we have a pandemic at the moment, but i'm wondering what will come first. The vaccine or me actually getting through to someone at Virgin to get my box fixed.Not a betting man but the vaccine looks good.

Could anyone please shed any light on how i go about possibly fixing this issue please.

Any help appreciated, even if its just to take the mick !!

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box.

Hi davenfish,

Sorry to see you are having issues with your TIVO.

crystalball.gif Nope, my crystal ball is too foggy to see which will come first, the cure or the VM help.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box? By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it. If that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team. 

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

There is another route you could take, which may be quicker.  If you are out of contract you could ask about regrading your package. It's the same number as above, but option 4. You should be able to negotiate a new deal, and ask them to tjhrow in one of the better V6 boxes (you do need VM broadband for that box)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I will give that a go thanks.

Text sounds good.

Contract December so...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi have you done the basic self cure things like rebooting the box and checking all cables are tight and leads in correctly, if so then phone go down the TV faults route.Regards Micky
0 Kudos