Menu
kristian171
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box stuck on startup

My tivo box is stuck on startup. Has been since Sunday. Called virgin media went thru all the usual rubbish of turn on and off disconnect etc. I the box isn't working. Told technician would be out by Wednesday to fix and they would text first. No contact and of course no show. No Friday. Have tried message and calling them again today with no joy. Can anyone help with this as it is becoming a bit of a joke and I am paying way over the odds for this rubbish. 

0 Kudos
kristian171
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

tv not working since sunday

i need help, my tv hasnt worked since sunday, iv tried all the usual rubbish switch off on etc.

the tivo box doesnt work. i have spoke with someone at virgin media who told me it would be fixed by wednesday? its now friday and i havent heard anything. cant get through on the phone as they are "extremely busy" and wont take any calls.

is this what i have to put up with? can someone fix my broken tivo box please?

i assume it is as difficult to get the hold of them when i want to remove the virign altogether?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box stuck on startup

Please don't create multiple posts for the same question, keep them all in one place 🙂

@kristian171 wrote:

Have tried message and calling them again today with no joy.

Can you expand on this please? What did the faults agent say/advise/do when you called to follow this up?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
kristian171
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

my bad. i do apologise for my poor understanding of how the forum works. first time on here as i havent had any problems until now.

tv/tivo box does not get past the "starting up" screen. i have tried switching off and on remove the gables reattach the gables etc etc but nothing works.

(tivo box and router have been switiching them selves off and on periodically for a few weeks now, seemed to just restart or something). 

i spoke with an agent on monday and they went through the same standard responses swithcing off and on etc etc but of course it doesnt work.

the agent told me it would be fixed and someone would be out with me on or before the 26th which was wednesday.

no one has been in touch, no one has texted to say when they will be with me and i have been trying to get through on the phone today, yesterday and wednesday but they wont answer my calls.

so i would welcome any suggestions. 

thanks 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's fine, we're all new sometimes!

@kristian171 wrote:

tv/tivo box does not get past the "starting up" screen. i have tried switching off and on remove the gables reattach the gables etc etc but nothing works.

A TV box that won't startup or is stuck in the boot loop clearly has a fault.

I'm sorry to say, this seems to be a classic case of C/S not doing what should be the most obvious thing.. either arrange an engineer visit or replacement box. Anything else is just kicking the can down the road. Some might suggest this is an attempt to "resolve" your call by getting you off the phone. I'll be generous and give them the benefit of the doubt on this occasion 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
kristian171
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thabks for your reply. So I am at a loss as to what I should or even can do. No contact from virgin and they are not contactable by phone. So I have no choice but to speak with another provider as I don't see a way out

Shocking customer service at such a difficult time for us all.

Children at home due to the pandemic, no TV and a really poor Internet signal doesn't help and adds to stress and trying to work from home at the same time. 

Not good. 

Thanks k. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@kristian171 wrote:

Thabks for your reply. So I am at a loss as to what I should or even can do. No contact from virgin and they are not contactable by phone. So I have no choice but to speak with another provider as I don't see a way out

VM are contactable, but you may have to be patient with call queues, persistent in waiting and/or call at different times as queues vary.

And sorry to say, but unless you plan on giving your cancellation notice by post - you will need to call in order to give your disconnection notice if you do decide to move to another provider (and are outside your minimum term)

This is not to say I'm sympathising with anyone who has service issues and struggles with VM's call queues at the moment - I do.

@kristian171 wrote:

Children at home due to the pandemic, no TV and a really poor Internet signal doesn't help and adds to stress and trying to work from home at the same time.

Whoah... what do you mean by a "poor internet signal"... this is a TV-section of the forum so I'd advice posting about this in the broadband section to get help, but.. check whether it's your broadband that has issues, or it's a WiFi problem. The two are different.

0 Kudos
kristian171
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Heh

Again my bad. Internet/TV so sorry I haven't got the correct section of the forum🤔 I just want help and no one seems to be willing to give it. 

As noted internet is poor WiFi is ok. TV tivo box does not work. 

I totally disagree vm are not conatactable. Calling constantly for four days and I have not been put in a queue to wait. I need technical help and I cant get it. I don't want to fix it myself. I pay hefty price per month and I don't expect to have to try the forum for help.

Rant over.

Thanks anyway. 

0 Kudos