cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box reset/reboot.goes back to welcome.

Saltaire8
Tuning in

Sat 2am tivo box fine.deleted saved shows.after did not work.problem with bd183ju coverage.asked to reset.reboot.download arrow but keeps going back to welcome.turned off.checked leads as came up no signal on TV screen. When checked again thru app youhad the check to check payments.been nearly full day.only info engineer on the job.fixed by 11sep at 1600.by the sounds of it we are not the only ones getting hot under the collar.tivo is as well

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Saltaire8

Try the following, it's worked for some forum members.

Turn off the V6 at switch;  then on the V6 box  hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time.

Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and it should  reset and boot up normally

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Saltaire8, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

Have you tried following the advice provided by @newapollo? If so, has that made any difference to the situation?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience and we'll do our very best to help.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi tried re booting from b4. Tried again as above.checked all leads.re checked the status again.as to be fixed as issue with TV at bd183ji was 11sep at 1600.now down for 14sep at 1600. Just seems to be going round in circles.other than sending anew box.will wait until I get a text back from the status team when fixed.

Sorry to hear this, I have taken a look at this looks to have been resolved now.

Have you seen a improvement at all? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I very much doubt that a TV box not booting up will have anything to do with a "TV issue" reported on the status page. Feel free to post a screenshot of the status site showing the issue, if you want a second opinion,

Boxes that won't boot are rarely caused by any area/network faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks