cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box not connecting

alison2411
Joining in

Hello

I used to be able to watch tv shows from the bedroom on my livingroom box and its stopper working. Any ideas??

5 REPLIES 5

alison2411
Joining in
  • Hi Emily,

I seem to be having the same issue that the bedroom box was showing and disappeared. Not sure what to do. A step to step help would be appreciated. The bedroom box shows the living one room connected.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Better to start one single new thread with your issues and explain them - your duplicate posts have been combined 😉

It sounds like you're having problems streaming recordings between a TiVo and/or V6.. What happens when you try to do so?

Are you getting any error codes/messages? Are you using TiVo or V6? You've added to posts in the V6 board but referenced TiVo, and although they run the same software, do have different connectivity. If you're not sure, check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello its a tivo box. When I scroll down to the bottom of the my shows section to watch other tivo boxes is not there

Looking at the pictures its a v6 box but when I look on the information it keeps bringing up tivo??

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just a little bit of extra forum advice - rather than create multiple replies, you have a short time after posting to edit - in the top-right of your post, click "post options" and "edit post".

Second up, as I alluded to previously - both TiVo & V6 boxes both run TiVo software but thanks for confirming they are V6 - and that subtly changes the advice I'll offer. Can both V6 use OnDemand reliably? The connection between the V6 & your homehub is the same for both services, so this is a good test.

Have you tried restarting each V6 in turn? You can do so via the menu under Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks