cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box has disappeared from other box

Micka33
Joining in

I used to be able to see my tivo box recordings on the box upstairs but tonight it just disappeared as an option on my upstairs box and I no longer have the option to select 'other tivo' box. I have no idea how to add it back

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Micka33 wrote:

I think I have both a Tivo and a V6.

I posted a link to photos of the boxes in my previous post.

@Micka33 wrote:

The older box has been struggling quite a lot later so maybe time for an upgrade.

If you're out-of-contract then it's certainly worth trying to negotiate an upgrade from TiVo > V6 for your second box. Just be very aware of a possible sales pitch for the newer TV360-software. It has pros & cons which are worth researching, but pne notable caveat in your case, is that a swap from TiVo > 360 directly will mean a loss of your second box's hard drive.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have TiVo boxes or V6? They run the same software but have subtly different connectivity - if you're not sure check here 

As a "catch-all" bit of advice, have you tried restarting the affected box via the Help & Settings > Clear or restart, menu?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for replying. After sending this message it popped back up. I think I have both a Tivo and a V6. The older box has been struggling quite a lot later so maybe time for an upgrade.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Micka33 wrote:

I think I have both a Tivo and a V6.

I posted a link to photos of the boxes in my previous post.

@Micka33 wrote:

The older box has been struggling quite a lot later so maybe time for an upgrade.

If you're out-of-contract then it's certainly worth trying to negotiate an upgrade from TiVo > V6 for your second box. Just be very aware of a possible sales pitch for the newer TV360-software. It has pros & cons which are worth researching, but pne notable caveat in your case, is that a swap from TiVo > 360 directly will mean a loss of your second box's hard drive.