Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box detected a serious problem with green screen

HELP!!!!!

I have been having trouble with my Tivo box for a couple of weeks now. It has been shutting down and rebooting at random times. I have tried without success to contact VM's customer service team- impossible to get through on their phone lines. I tried holding for over an hour each time before being cut off each time. Incredibly frustrating. This is after the automated equipment test where I am told that there are no faults on my equipment! Also tried doing this several times on the website- again apparently there is no fault with the box!

As of 36 hrs ago, the box has stopped working all together, it just goes into an endless cycle of trying to reboot, then flashing up a green screen saying "The DVR has detected a serious problem etc etc... 3 hrs to fix.. don't unplug etc."

This has been going on for 36 hours now and again, I tried in vain to get customer services on the phone, held for another hour and again got cut off. I am now at my wits end and honestly do not know what else I can do as I cannot speak to anyone.

Does anyone from the CS team monitor these posts? If so, please can someone arrange for a replacement box immediately. I have been a customer for several years now but this is challenging my faith in Virgin and it is not acceptable not to be able to contact anyone from the company if you have an issue?

Many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box detected a serious problem with green screen

Unfortunately all this community forum can do is offer sympathy and advise you to keep trying.

There's the text message service (07533 051809) but otherwise, forum staff on here take several days (at best) and upto a week (currently) to respond to posts.

Sorry that we can't give you a better answer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi japitts

Many thanks for the quick reply. I have to say clearly you don't work for VM!

I guess if I have to wait, I actually don't have any other choice but thanks anyway

best

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So its a week on now from when I last posted. Thought I would share that week's events which essentially are this:

- the Tivo box is still no longer working at all and

-still I am unable to make contact with anyone from Virgin Media AT ALL.

Stupidly I have tried several more times to phone and each time is the same result. I go through the same series of pre-recorded messages and checks resulting in my then holding on the phone supposedly for someone to answer, only to be cut off after a significant period of time. Not sure how much time I have wasted so far but think its at least 7 hours and counting. There is literally no other way to make contact with VM customer services- no email address, no other phone, no live chat!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone from VM customer services make contact with me. I am guessing I need a new Tivo Box and god knows this is what I have been paying for, so I don't think it is much to ask for.

Many thanks in advance of a call or email

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And another week has gone by without any contact at all from VM customer services. So been without the Tivo Box now for over 3 weeks.

Please Virgin, can someone contact me to replace this box. Should be a simple task I think?

Best

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just so you're aware, adding posts to an existing (waiting) post can knock it down the forum team's list - they sometimes work through "oldest unanswered" posts first.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos