cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box broken?

Papous15
Tuning in

Hey all , I spend like 30hours on the phone with Virgin trying to fix my tivo box a years ago.

Tivo box doesnt receive signal from remote, remote works on tv but on not on the box. 

After all this phonecalls they have send me like 5 remotes and all are the same. I explained them that seems like the box is in fault but they didnt want to send someone to check or replace it.

Have been more than a year since this happend and I pretty much gave up on it as clearly they didnt want to help , just to the take their money every month without working product.

Now im on the point that I dont find the reason to be with Virgin and pay them for a product i cant use.

Anyone have any idea what it may be wrong? Anyone had a similar problem?Should i start again and spend month with them on the phone? Is their any point doing it again or will I get a box of remotes again?

Im with them since 2015 with the same equipment as a heads up.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Papous15 

You've posted in the V6 forum, but say  that you have you have a Tivo box. Since the V6 also runs on the tivo system  please can you confirm which box you have. If you look at the following page you will see what each box looks like. https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI Papous15, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the TiVo box. I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further for you. 

Chris. 

Yea na fault, it's a tivo box

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

I am sorry to hear about the issues which you are having with the TiVo box. 

Please let us know how the visit goes and hopefully we can get everything resolved. 

Kind regards, Chris.