Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box broken

We have two Tivo Boxes in the house, one is broken and we need a replacement. I have spent the past week trying to get through to VM, 4 times I have held on the phone for an hour and then get cut off, have tried the online chat and waited two hours, still no way of getting through, in desperation I have sent a complaint, not heard back (I am not one to complain usually .. I just want to talk to someone!) ... any bright ideas anyone? Please!! .. fingers crossed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box broken

Hi RogSpro,

Unfortunately the quickest way to report a broken TIVO is by telephone. The best time to call is 8am when lines first open as it's least busy then.

The online chat  isn't instant and usually takes up to 48 hours.

The Complaints procedure is the slowest method as it takes up to 28 days to receive a reply.  Complaints Code of Practice 

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box? By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it. If that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team. 

You may find it beneficial to bypass the Faults Team and instead contact Retentions (thinking of leaving us) they should be able to send out a replacement box, and depending on your contract situation you can negotiate a new contract with them, along with the possibility of swapping your TIVO for the newer V6 box which is far better. Note however the V6 requires a VM broadband connection.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave .. I will try those methods .. fingers crossed!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi RogSpro,
Welcome to forums and thank you for your post 🙂
I am sorry to hear this and I can look into this for you, I will pop you over a private message and take a look for you. Just keep an eye out for the purple envelope.
thanks,
Zoie

0 Kudos