Menu
ARay11
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box and hub dead

Good Morning,

I live in area 11 and after a lightning storm last night both my TiVo and hub are dead. I have checked power at the transformer using a volt meter and am getting 24 volts on both into the hub and tivo box but no lights or any sign of life at all. Run a test and it tells me everything looks ok. Not sure what its testing but certainly not my kit. 🤔 any advise would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box and hub dead

You need to call up asap to get a technician out to replace your equipment

0 Kudos
ARay11
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Have called technical help line and they have sent out a new TiVo box however forgot to send out the replacement SH3. This should be sent out tomorrow now but have now been without broadband for 4 days. My security and home are all smart devices so this has been frustrating. I would also like to add that after some more investigation I have also noticed that my samsung TV and fire stick that was plugged into the TV are also blown. They are all plugged in through a surge protected 6 way extension for power along with my hive hub and amazon echo. Both the echo and hive hub are fine but anything connected through the Virgin box and tv are now dead. In the event of a lightning surge is it possible for the surge to travel through the cable to the SH3 box and HDMI? I will be taking the 2 year old TV to a repair centre at weekend to investigate issue meantime relocate TV from another room.

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ARay11

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you have had an issues with our services since the power surge.

We would like to get this looked in to further for you so I will pop you over a private message. Click the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Many thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos