Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box Samsung TV incompatible

Hello.

I have been using my Tivo box with my Samsung UE50RU7400UXXU perfectly for maybe a year.

We jsut upgraded our TV package and broadband speed.

Now for some reason the Tivo box only shows a blank screen onto the TV. Now i did a test and connected the Tivo box to a computer monitor i have. And it worked.

I see that due to it working on my monitor you could say its a problem with the TV and not the Tivo box. However the rest of the TV's functions work just fine and it does recognise the Tivo box but just cannot show me the content coming from the tivo box

Would anyone here have any idea what would cause this ? i am using the HDMI cable that came with the tivo box.

Cheers, Ian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box Samsung TV incompatible

One thought would be the video output from the TiVo/V6 is a format the TV can't accept.

The most obvious way to resolve that would be to restart the box with the TV turned on and tuned in. A video output test should be part of the restart cycle I believe.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shukuchi, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back in touch, we are busier than usual. 

Due to the delay can I ask if this has been sorted since you posted? 

I have tried to locate your account to check but I've been unable to do so. 

Please keep us posted. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Try doing a factory reset on the TV.  I think you go into Settings, then General then Reset.  The default PIN on Samsung TVs is usually 0000

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos