Menu
AllanS1000
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box. No picture but perfect sound

Hi

TiVo box appears to be faulty. Initially I had problems with "Starting Up" screen freezing. Only way to unlock it was to switch power off and reboot. Box then works well for several weeks before doing the same. Recently become more frequent.

In the last week I have lost the TV picture but the sound is ok. I have found that by resetting the Tivo box the fault is rectified. Unfortunately the same problem occurred again this evening. Once again by resetting the box I now have a picture but fir how long?

Clearly the frequency of the starting up screen and now loss of picture indicates a fault possibly with the hard drive? 

Do I need a new TiVo box?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box. No picture but perfect sound

Thanks for the post AllanS1000.

Sorry for the late response on our part, are you still experiencing any issues in regards to your Tivo box?

If so could you please switch the box off and double check the cables are all inserted securely?

Let us know how this goes.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
AllanS1000
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily

The Tivo box is fine at the moment. Every few weeks the box plays up. Normally when this happens you get the "Starting Up " screen which freezes. I have to switch the box off to reboot it. Its fine then for another few weeks. 

Then sometimes the box will not delete saved programmes so I have to reset the box which normally works.

Finally in the last few weeks you switch the TV on with Tivo and find there is no picture but perfect sound! This has happened a few times. Again if I switch off the box and reboot the box is fine again-as it is now

Surely I should not need to keep switching off the system and rebooting it because either the Start Up screen freezes, I cannot delete programmes or there is no picture? My concern that anyone of these issues are occurring more often (every three to four weeks). Clearly it is not a problem with loose cables etc. Is it the box? Hard drive issues?

Kind regards

Allan

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information, did you ensure all the cables are inserted securely? 

Please do so and let us know if this happens again. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos