Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo and v6 boxes not accessible

I have two tvs in two rooms,one connected to a V6 box,the other to a tivo box. Until recently we could access either box from the other box to watch recorded shows in either room. Now though i can't access either box from the other box -on the tivo is says error c423,and on the v6 the tivo box is shown with an exclamation mark and also error c423. Done the usual unplugging boxes and router to no avail,just rang virgin and got nowhere- just recorded message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo and v6 boxes not accessible

Hi matt52,

Sorry to see you are having issues.

The link to error C423 has a typo on the self help pages and is listed as error C243.  

If you follow the instructions with this working link it might help virgin-tv-error-codes/c423 

If that fails then try 

signing into Service status at the top of this page. It shows any local faults and you can also run a test against the V6 box. By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it, or send out a replacement and/or engineer.

If that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up, rather than going through all the automated tests .If that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tried everything on that link - rebooting,re-setting wi-fi etc but problem still there.Rang Virgin faults -they said I was in a queue then a few minutes later a recorded message told me the call centres were closed due to Covid. Tried again at the weekend ,was told i was in a queue and would be answered within 20 minutes .After one hour and 5 minutes of waiting I eventually put the phone down. Almost £100 pound a month for this rubbish- feel a move to Sky comiong on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @matt52 

Thanks for your post. Apologies for the delay in response and to hear you've been having issues with your TV boxes and with getting through to the team. We are very busy and doing all we can to get to each customer. Thank you for your patience. 

Have you since been able to get the boxes working or are they still not working?

Let me know and I'll do my best to help. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hollie - Unfortunately the problem is continuing. i can access each box individually from the room they are in but can't access either box from the box in the other room- get the c423 message on both boxes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @matt52 

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear you're still having these issues. Are both boxes switched on and on the same Network? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos